Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Friday, May 29, 2009

43 Days

Sorry I didn't get to writing yesterday, but I've got a good chunk of time now, so I'll catch you up.

I had two hours of class right away in the morning. The first one was Latin and the second was French. I doodled my way through Latin, and didn't do a whole lot in French, either. After those two classes were over, I was on break until 4:00 since my English teacher was gone.

Sabrina and I went into town from 10 to 1. We walked around and went into a couple stores. I bought a hardcover notebook for my "yearbook" that I plan on having everyone write in, and then I bought Pierre's birthday present. I also found a Twilight audio book!!!! I plan on listening to that while following along with my French version of the book! Yay! That will be a fun thing for the plane ride home :)!

We got hungry, so we found a boulangerie and each were planning on getting a "petit pain au chocolat" (aka a chocolate filled croissant). The particular boulangerie we stopped in had a special; 3 petits pains for 2€. Sabrina and I were both really hungry, so we got 6-- three for each of us! lol! We went to the Beffoi (a cathedral looking building that isn't actually a church or cathedral.. I don't really know what it is, but I do not believe it is a religious building at all) and ate our bag full of chocolate croissants inside on the bench. While there are tables all over the sidewalk in town, you can only sit on them if you are eating at the restaurant they are in front of. Otherwise, the workers get really irritated. So anyway, after that, we found Camille. She was looking for capris, so we went along with her to a few stores, but didn't find anything she liked, so an hour later, we went back to school. Sabrina and I found Marion, Virginie, and Laureen waiting for us by the cantine. Neither of us were very hungry, but we went through the line and got a little to munch on anyway.

After lunch, Marion, Sabrina, and I went to the CDI. We talked with each other and a little with Florent as well. At 3:00, we met back up with Virginie and Laureen, and went to the park by Lycée Robespierre. We passed our last hour of freetime there, laying in the grass and relaxing in the shade. It was really hot out yesterday, so the shade felt great.

At 4, we had Parcours. This was our laaaaast day of Parcours for the year! Wooh! That means I am now done with my science classes, parcours, and DS! Theatre is done Wednesday of next week. I'ma have so much free time :D! Anyway, we spent the two hours of parcours watching a theatrical piece on video. It was something by Ionosco and it made fun of Americans a little. lol. I thought the piece itself was kind of lame, although I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone with that opinion. After watching some of that, we watched a video with the crew talking about stage setup and effects and all that. I pretty much slept through that, too, along with the rest of the class. lol. At the end, we watched a few of La Fountain's fables. Those I actually find entertaining, so that wasn't so bad.

I got home from school around 6:30, and Thomas, the kids, and Pierre from Perpignan (my host mom's ex husband) were there! He had just gotten into town and had stopped by with Thomas (who he is staying with) to say hello. They didn't stay long, and after they left, I helped Pierre with his birthday party again. Then I we ate, and after supper, I went online and looked up Senior picture information. Then I went to bed!

This morning, I got up and came to school, even though we don't have DS anymore. Sabrina and Camille have Itallian from 10-12, so from 8-10, they hang out at school. I decided to come and hang out with them. lol. I'm also going to try and book an appointment for my Sr. photos. Then at noon, I'm taking the bus home and probably will be really busy helping Pierre since his party with his friends is this afternoon. That said, I dunno if I'll be able to write again today or tomorrow (since that's the actual day and it's going to be with the whole family), so hang in there until Monday :)!

à+
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: être aveugle = to be blind


***and this was posted Saturday morning, not Friday night...

1 comment: