Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Really Tired Today

So consequently I don't remember many details of my day. Maybe once I start writing, they will come to me, but as of right now I'm even having trouble remembering what was today and what was yesterday.

I do remember that last night for dinner, I was served what looked to me like undercooked hamburger. I ate as much of the brown meat as I could, then went for the light pink stuff, but I just couldn't get myself to down the dark pink part in the center. When my host mom left the table to get something and Pierre was occupied with his food, I quickly shoved the remaining meat in my paper towel. ha ha! I managed to do all this, and get it in the garbage without anyone noticing (I think)! I seriously would have eaten more if I could, but I got food poisoning from undercooked hamburger in the past, and I reallyyyy did not want to go through that again.

I got up kind of late this morning, 6:25. I usually try and get up by 6:15 on my early days. I quickly showered and got ready, but was still late getting out the door! Fortunately the clock in the kitchen is about 3 minutes fast, so I didn't miss my bus!

When I got to school, it was still dark outside, which didn't help wake me up at all. I hate winter for that reason. I miss seeing the sun! Here, I go to school before the sun rises and finish after the sun starts to set. It's depressing. At least I get to walk around outside during the day a little between classes. Although usually it's rainy or at least cloudy and grey outside, so it's not really that great. I can't wait for spring!

Latin was my first class of the day. I really dislike this class. C'est trèsssss dur! I honestly don't have a clue what's going on at any point during the class. To make things worse, I have to do a translation from Latin to French for Thursday, and I don't have a Latin dictionary, nor do I know more than a handful of words in the story, sooooo that's not happening! Ha ha! I will look it over again and tryyy, but I doubt it will go very well. We are supposed to mark different functions of the words, too, but I haven't a CLUE what that is about, so I'm not going to be doing that at all.

My first French class of the day was just after Latin. Today was not as progressive as last week Friday. I copied notes and just kind of sat through the class. I really didn't even listen very well. But we are now talking about Arrias again, which I don't understand why. Seriously, the piece of writing is 18 lines long, and we've spent about a week on it- and I have 2 periods of French a day sometimes! I don't know how much more there is to discuss! I did find it interesting that I had to PAY for my homework today, though! Yeah, f'real! It cost me 2€ to get my book that I have to read over the vacation. I don't know what the book is yet, but I've heard from other students that THEY think it will be hard, so that's pretty much a sign that it will be nearly impossible for me. hah. We'll give it a shot, though. Afterall, I payed for it!

After French came two hours of Histoire. I got my test back, and instead of grading it, my teacher just went through and corrected my French errors. She told me I did very well with my French, though, so that made me happy! We started talking about the end of the 3rd French Republic today. Unfortunately, that subject isn't as familiar to me, so I have a harder time following along. She didn't write much on the board today, either, so Kevin just kind of let me copy his notes.

Once history ended, I had a new class in the same room with the same teacher. I don't remember what it was called, but my teacher gave us all a copy of the article about the guy who came to speak.. I think I told you about that yesterday. Now I have 2 copies; an original and a photocopy! Then we got a big sheet of paper with stories and then a couple questions to answer at the end. I just kind of made up stuff and copied random sentences out of the passages. Hopefully it flies.

Finallyyy it was time for lunch! This morning I only had a small slice of bread and a glass of water since I was running late, so I was STARVING. Sadly, the food today wasn't quite as wonderful as normal. We were served this stuff called "Coosh coosh"(?) and it looks a lot like rice, so that's what I was expecting it to taste like. WRONG! Coosh Coosh (i have no idea if i'm spelling that right) tastes VERY different from rice! It's not really bad, but it was not what I was expecting. It is also not very filling, and the only other things I had were a container of chocolate pudding and a Belgium waffle with sugar for dessert. I sat next to Alexandre today, and all she did through the whole lunch period was point at random guys in the cafeteria and ask my opinion on them. It got kind of annoying, especially because none of the ones she pointed at were even good looking, so she got kind of irritated with all my "non" answers. Ha ha!

My next class was TPS. That's the study hall class that I don't understand. I asked my teacher today what I should do, and she told me that everyone else was working on projects, and had been since September, so I couldn't really do much. She told me to go to the library and do other work or read a book. Sooo the library was exactly where I went. I didn't really know what I was going to do, so I sat at a table, pulled out my iPod, a pen, and a sheet of paper, and wrote Rica a three page letter about absolutely nothing. I don't know exactly where the "Poste" is, so it may be a while before I actually send it. I will as soon as I figure it out, though! Sydney and my family also have letters on the way, FYI. If anyone else wants one, I have 2 hours every Tuesday afternoon to write you something, so hit me up with your address or something and I'll write you something. Although, like I said, I don't really know when I'll be sending them.

Toward the end of class, a girl named Amélie came and talked to me for a while. She invited me to a party over the vacation, but I don't know how badly I really want to go to this one.. None of the people I've been talking to much are going, so I think I'm just going to tell her I'll be out of town (which might even be true). We went up to French class on the 6 floor, again. I seriously should count how many steps I have to walk up every day. If I do the math, I think today I went up something like 365 steps while at school today. That's a really rough estimate, though. It was probably a little more than that.

By the time French started, I was so tired! I really didn't even take that many notes at all. I mostly just sat there and waited for class to be over. Nothing too interesting. After class finally did end, I walked to the front with Jeremy and we talked for a while until my host mom arrived.

Tonight I really hope we eat an early dinner so I can go to bed early! I don't start until 9 tomorrow, so I do get to sleep in a little, but I'd really like to go to bed early, too.

à demain!
-Miranda(:

PS RICA-it was the cold & flu stuff. And no, I haven't gotten your clock because I haven't really been shopping yet, but I will do so over the break, hopefully! I'll send it with your letter :P

All know the way. Few actually walk it. -Bodhidharma

3 comments:

  1. omg i want my letter now!
    i wrote a poem about you today!
    hahaahahahah, its really stupid,
    and i had no other thoughts other than how bad i wanted to read yer blog in study hall.
    lol




    oh i see, at least it's working!!!
    haha.

    yayyy!!! i'll have to send your stuff too as soon as i get money,
    i went over txting 50 dollars in a week..and i still have 3 more weeks to go this month!
    lol
    i'm getting unlimited though, but i have to pay for it, so that's like an extra 20 a month outta my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuude, goto the party, you know you want to ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuude send me a letter you know you want to ;D

    ReplyDelete