Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This Will Be My Last Post For A Couple Days

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Paris, and am pretty sure I'm not going to have access (or a chance) to get online. I'll only be there until Saturday night, so I should have lots to report again on Sunday. I'll get help getting my pictures up then, too.

Yesterday we didn't go into town as planned, because my host mom's meeting ran late. Instead, I just worked on my homework. I decided instead of reading today, I'd take all my underlined words from the previous 10 pages and look them up. I only got through about one notebook page of them before it was time to leave for Thomas's house, though. I kept finding other words on the page and reading through random definitions and such. I learned a lot of phrases! If only I could actually remember everything! I wish I had a brain like a sponge. That would be incredibly helpful. Hah.

We spent the rest of the day at Thomas's house watching movies, painting pictures, and in light of Mardi Gras, we also made crêpes! I ate 4 this time. (What a cuchon :P!) One was spread with Nutella, one with honey & butter, and the other two with butter and sugar. Mmmmm! I ♥ crêpes!

After Anne came home, the three of us came home and ate dinner. Then we talked for a good couple hours. We talked about a million things. I even got complimented on how well I have been speaking French lately! :D I can't believe almost a month has gone by already. That seriously went wayyyy too fast for me. July is going to be here before I know it. :/

Today Hillary is going to come over for lunch, and then around 2:30, we're going into town together. Hillary is another girl from the US who's staying with a family about a twenty five minutes or so away from me. I'm almost a little scared to speak English all day. I don't want to lose my French... but it's just too tempting! :P

When she leaves, my family and I are going to prepare for tomorrow's voyage. I'm pumped to ride the train again! I wish the ride was longer. It's so fun! Then when we get to Paris, we will be meeting up with my host mom's friend (who lives there). Tomorrow afternoon, Pierre has an appointment at a "massive" hospital. It's just a yearly check-up thing, though-- nothing major to worry about. The next day, we're going to climb the Eiffel Tower and possibly take a boat down the Seine (if time permits). Then on Saturday morning, we're headin' back on the TGV again :D! I swear to you, I could ride that thing all day. It's the funnest way to get around. It reminds me of taking the subway in New York or Chicago. I loooove it. Fargo definitely needs one that runs down to Texas or something. That'd be awesome.

Saturday night, I'm going to a video game night with Simon, Vincent, and whoever else decides to come. I really don't know, but my host mom told me I could invite Hillary and she could spend the night afterwards. We'll see what goes down. I'll update you on all this stuff on Sunday (or Monday).

Until then, all of you have a good rest of the week!
Talk to you later!
-Miranda

PS-I've heard that my comments aren't working, and I don't know why. Hopefully they'll start working again, soon, but if you need to send me something you can do so by emailing me at- missmirandamari3@hotmail.com

And Chelsea- I forgot to mention that I got your letter. hahah. Thankssss :D!


EDIT: I have the time, and since I won't be on for a few days, I figured I might as well fill you in on today.

Hillary came over around noon for lunch, and after eating, my host mom left to take Pierre to the kino? or something? Hillary and I went up to my room and talked about a million things. It was so nice to talk in English again!

Around 3, we went into town and went into a few stores. All I bought was my Twilight book, a postcard, and an apple filled croissant. We spent about the whole afternoon walking around the town and taking pictures and just talking. It was a great, tourist-y, kind of day. Hah.

After Hillary's mom picked her up, my mom took me home and I started packing for tommorow. Our train leaves at 11AM, so not overly early, but I still want to be all ready to go tonight. She also got us tickets to see Cleopatre :D! That's a musical currently showing in Paris, and it's supposed to be really good! I'm excited for that! Hopefully I can understand it!

Not much else to report, though. I think I'm going to get off and finish packing. Then probably get to bed. Have a great next couple of days everyone!
<3

Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. -H. Jackson Brown

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, ps I gave your address to Kelsie..I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he would be less active but he's in all these classes..Pierre is cooler than I am hahaha..not that I'm cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg it has been almost a month hasn't it!
    i can't believe it's been that longg,
    i miss you so much!!!


    sounds like an exciting break!!!
    hope you enjoy yourself.


    miss and love you(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a good thing i have her address now! i just gotta send u something now...

    lol i finally caught up and now i can comment (of course i catch up as soon as u take a break from blogging)

    ReplyDelete