Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Le Jour De St. Valentin, aka: Valentine's Day

Sadly, I've got no date! I was invited out again with the same people as last Saturday, though, so I'm looking forward to that!

This morning I didn't go to the Devoirs class again.. I don't think I ever have to go to that, actually. I'm not sure. Anyway, I got to sleep in! :) When I was ready for the day at around 10:30, I came downstairs and found a note on the table. My host brother was at "sports" and my host mom was running errands, so I was home alone. I spent a good chunk of that time listening to my ipod and cleaning & organizing my room. I still had my suitcases laying open and some stuff left inside, so I found a place for all that stuff.

When they came home at noon, Pierre made me read another one of those "J'apprends à lire" books. I'm actually getting pretty decent. I don't think I pernounce everything correctly, but I'm getting better.My speed is picking up, too. I still can't make the French 'R' sound quite right. Sabrina tried to teach me at lunch yesterday, and I ended up hackin' up spit! Ha ha ha!

After lunch, my host mom had a meeting and Pierre and I watched his "Danse Spectacle" from last year. It was really cute! There were these little kids in remote control costumes, and then another girl who would 'change the channel' and that's when the next group would come on. I thought that was pretty creative.

Right now I've got a little downtime. My host mom is supposed to return in about a half hour and then we're going over to Thomas's house to bake CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! My mom emailed me the recipe, so we're going to make those! I'm really excited!

After that, we're going to go grocery shopping. You know what that means if you've been following my blog.... I'M GONNA BUY THE TWILIGHT SERIES! :D :D :D
Then we're going to eat at McDonalds for dinner! This is going to be quite the American day!

Tonight, like I mentioned at the beginning, I'm going out with Pierre-Antoine, Elise, Simon, and Antoine again tonight. Not sure exactly what we'll do this time, but I will let you know.

As for now, I've got to go!

A demain!
-Miranda

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. -Unknown

2 comments:

  1. omg sounds so funn!
    i want a chocolate chip cookie!!!
    lol
    (:


    miss you.
    good talking to you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can totally see you hacking spit and laughing til you end up wheezing just like at south hahaah <3

    ReplyDelete