Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Thursday, June 25, 2009

17 Days

Salut!
I got back a little earlier than I thought, so I'm able to write again. It was soooooooo good to see everyone :D! I had a pretty good time speaking English again, too! Surprisingly, I hardly screwed up at all and threw very few French words into my sentences. I'm finding it a lot easier to switch back and forth between the two, which is good, I suppose. It was kind of annoying when I'd get on the phone with my parents, turn around a half hour later and speak English to my host mom. haha.

While I was with the group, I got to see the War Memorial, D-Day Beach, American Cemetery (which is actually owned by the US), and Point Hoc(?) in Normandy. Then I rode with them to Paris, and on the way, we stopped in Giverny to see Claude Monet's house and gardins. That was really pretty! When we got to Paris, we walked around a little while and went through a couple stores. We went to the café on top of one of them and it gave us a really nice view of the city. I said goodbye at the Champs Elysées and Johnson went with me by subway to get my stuff from the hotel and help me find my train at the station. I got back last night a little before 10PM.

Today I slept in super late. I got out of bed around 2PM and then got myself ready for the day. Just before 4, my host mom dropped me off in town because I wanted to go shopping. Yesterday until Suday are the big sales nationwide. They only come two times a year, and nearly everything goes on sale in about every store. They're often between 30 and 50% off so you can find really good deals. I found tons of stuff, but again I had sizing issues and things here do not fit me well. I found some long shorts that work as capris, though! So I got a couple bottoms. Then I found this yellow shirt that I absolutely adore. I got a few other tops, too, and then my host mom came and picked me up around 7. Now I'm back at home waiting for supper to be done. :)

à demain!
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: les soldes = sales!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your French clothes when you get back!!! =D

    ReplyDelete