Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Sunday, June 21, 2009

21 Days

Bonjour!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
:)

Yesterday, I spent the whole day helping Anne, Thomas, Manuel, Marion, and Nicolas (who came up from Perpignan as a surprise for Thomas) prepare for Thomas's party. I'm not going to go into a whole lot of detail on that because I don't have a ton of time, but I pretty much just went with Anne to pick up some of the food she ordered, helped with food preparation, and then set tables in the backyard. My host mom came to pick me up around 6(?) and we went back to the house to get ready. We returned for the party around 9, and there were already tons of people there. The 'aparatif' was served as everyone talked. I didn't know hardly anyone, so I just kind of wandered and talked to people my host mom was talking to for a while. Then we ate and afterwards there was dancing down on the patio. Simon and Anne led the sketch with the nasty furniture later on. I got dragged into doing it, too, so that was interesting. lol. I was so tired by that time I didn't even really understand what was going on, so I just kind of stood there. haha. We stayed until about 2:30AM, after the melted Camembert was served with baguette.

This morning, I slept in until 12:45! We were supposed to go back over to Thomas's house at 1:00 for lunch. haha wooops! I got up and took a quick shower and got myself ready by 1:15. It turned out to be no big deal that we were late, since everyone was tired and just kind of sitting around the table and eating leftovers. Marion and Nicolas left at 2 to catch their plane south. We hung out a little longer and talked. Then we got cold, so we went inside for the 'café.' We played a little MarioKart on the Wii, and then came home around 4:30/5:00. We're taking a little break, and then around 7, I'm going with Antoine and I dunno who all else, but I'm assuming Pierre-Antoine and Simon into Arras for the Music Festival! There are tons of local bands playing all over the streets all night long. Vincent's group is playing, so we'll probably go listen to them for a while. Then I have no idea how many other people there are, but I've heard it's a bigg thing, so it should be fun. The only issue is that I'm still kind of tired, so I hope I've got the energy to for another late night.

If I don't get the chance to write tomorrow, I'll talk to you again at the end of the month! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for NORMANDYYY :D! And I'ma see all you French kids from Fargooo :D! Then I've got less than 24 hours before I leave for England, so I dunno if I will have time to write between the two, so don't worry if you don't hear from me until July.

à la prochaine!
<3Miranda!

Word of the Day: L'été = Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment