Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Sunday, June 14, 2009

28 Days

It still feels like I have forever here, even though I really don't. I ended my last day of school, mainly unphased. To me, it feels like one of those 2 week vacations; I know I'm not going to see these people tomorrow, but I feel like I will be seeing them again soon. I don't know why it's so hard to accept the fact that I've already seen a lot of people for the last time. Whatever, I'm glad I'm not all depressed and sulking around. That would be worse.
I realize I haven't written for a couple days. Sorry, I've been lazy. haha. I also apologize for my lack of writing skills and my weird sentences. I've been told by a few people that my writing skills are getting kind of sucky. lol. The sad thing is that I really can't come up with better words to write. My English is seriously regressing. Haha. Hopefully it'll come back quickly after I get home. I don't want to fail English next year! lol.

Anyway, Friday all I had was Latin and then two seperate hours of English LV1. Our Latin teacher took us to the CDI and I just talked to Claire, Justine, and some other girl. Then I went into town with Florent, Stephanie, Sabrina, and another guy named Maxime (I now know 3 Maximes). We walked around and took pictures. It was alright, but I was so tired that it kind of went by in a haze. When it was time for English, Sabrina and I went back to school. We watched the first hour of 'A Fish Named Wanda.' Since the teacher put it in English, no one really understood what was going on and there was a lot of talking. After class, a lot of people went home for the day. I said goodbye to a million people and then went back into town, this time with Sabrina, Joy, and Amélie. We went to Subway and had lunch. :D! Afterwards, we met up with Wendie and walked around some more. We went to Monoprix and the post office and the Furet. Then Sabrina and I went back to school for English. The others skipped class since it was the last day. I probably would have too, just because EVERYONE had pretty much already left, but I really wanted to go since it was the last day I'd ever really be in class there. Sabrina was nice and came with me. Rafaël and Julie were the only other people that showed up. One of the kids form my theatre class, Josellin(sp?), came in to join us since no one was in his class, either. This time we watched a different movie. It was a documentry on the Columbine and the OK Bombing and other 'American Tragedies.' I found it really interesting. Rafaël brough snacks and drinks, and Julie had candy, so we all snacked on that. Our teacher is retiring after this year, so we all wrote a little note and gave that to her at the end. At 4, Sabrina and I met back up with Wendie, Joy, Amélie, Alice, Alexandra, and Amélie's friend, Emanuelle, in the park by Lycée Robespierre. We hung out there for an hour, and then at 5, I said goodbye to everyone and went back to school. My host mom came and picked me up and we went to a town called Cambrai to see one of Luc's plays. It was really complicated, and I honestly did not understand it very well, but at the end, Luc explained it to me and it made sense. We got back home, ate supper, and then I went to bed pretty soon after that.

Yesterday, I got up and went to school around 8. Sabrina and I went really far into town. I'd never walked around that area before, but it was really pretty. We bought a croissant and two petits pains aux chocolat at a boulangerie. Then we sat on a bench by a statue and ate them. After that, we walked back towards the school. We went to the Beffoi, and I made Sabrina go up to the top with me! Normally, the stairs are blocked off or there is a sign that says that you can't go up, but this stairwell did not say that, so we went up. There were two floors and then a little stairwell that went up the tower a little. All that was on both floors were offices and government rooms. The view out the window was nice, but the tower itself is really a lot prettier on the outside. After that, we went to Lycée Carnot (across the street from Gambetta) for Italian. That was fun :D! I actually do know how to say a few things in Italian, now. Ho fame = J'ai faim = I'm hungry; Sono americana = Je suis américainne = I'm American; Ho un cane = J'ai un chien = I have a dog. Anyway, after class I caught the bus home. I spent almost all afternoon at the elementry school in town for their open house. The kids of different age groups each did a presentation, either singing or dancing, and then it was mainly a social thing. There were a couple games, but those were for the little kids. Pierre insisted that I play them, though, so I got to do a little bowling and then a marble roll and a shuffleboard type game with plastic bottle caps. At 5, the thing was over and we went to the shoe store for Pierre. Then we came back and my parents called!! I talked to them all evening. At 8, we ate supper outside. It was really nice out. There was a hot air balloon about a block away trying to get up, so after eating and talking, we were all going to go check that out and see what's up. Just as we were heading out, though, JAEDA CALLEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! :D! I stayed back and talked with her and got details about meeting up with the French kids! We still don't have everything figured out, but I know most things now, so that's nice. She said she would talk to Johnson and then call me back in the morning. I told my host mom what she all said and asked if I could go for the whole week, and she has no problem with it, so YAYY!

This morning, Jaeda did call me back, but she didn't really have many answers for me, so she'll call me back later on. I'm SOO EXCITED thoughhhh! ahhhh!!!!! :D! After talking for a while, I got up and got ready for the day. In about 10 minutes, we're going to Thomas's house for lunch. Then later on today we're going to go to St. Cathrine (a town practically connected to Arras) for a parade or something.. I don't know exactly what, but the Roclincourt giant will be there, so yeah. I'll let you know how everything goes tomorrow.

à bientôt,
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: une cloche = a bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment