Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Thursday, June 11, 2009

31 Days

I have only got 15 mins, so I am pretty sure this is gonna get cut off in the middle. I'll try and get as far as I can, though. This morning was the Counceille de Classe. That's where two representative students and all the teachers who have a student in our class get together and talk about each one and decide whether or not they will move onto Terminale or retake their Premiere year. Sabrina and Valentine are the representitives from our class who go and act as everyone elses' voices. That was from 8-10, so I didn't have histoire. I instead started with French. BEfore class started, Sabrina and Valentine read off the trimester grades and the teachers' comments of each student in front of the class. I really didn't expect to have much to hear, but I guess they spent a long time talking about me and how well I've progressed with my French! I also have an awesome grade! I rank FOURTH in my class of 32 kids! No lie! My "moyenne" is 13,77! Sabrina is number one, Jeremy is number two, and Marion is number three. I didn't have a grade for French or for biology because those teachers didn't grade any of my papers or tests, so that wasn't counted in, but I have at least something graded from every other course. English really brought my grade up. Although Marion has a better grade than me in Anglais Comp. It doesn't really matter, though. I had my last hour of that class this morning. lol. Anyway, all we did after that in French was talk about some of the texts and review a few things for the Bac.

After French was math. No one had any motivation to do anything today. This was their last day of math class in their entire lives. The L kids don't have to take it next year, nor in college! The teacher tried to teach us a lesson, but very few people worked. I wrote the first story problem down and then quit.

From noon until one I completed my last hour of Anglais Complementaire. We played games today, so nothing was too bad. He still gave me a hard time about 'forgetting my English so I can't speak it with anyone anymore' and some "subtle" crap like that. I don't care, though. I could not be happier to be done with that class. And I will never see him again, either.

Finally, it was lunch time. I ate with the girls and then we went to the CDI. We went on the computer and Sabrina showed us photos of her birthday party (back in February). Then I gave Sabrina some of mine. It was not an overly exciting hour.

The second hour off, I went into town with Sabrina and I bought my school supplies for next year. I loooove the stuff here, so I figured I'd stock up a little. ;D! I have only got 8 effaseurs, though! I'm scared I'ma run outa those! Sabrina told me she would send me some if I need them througout the year, so that was somewhat reassuring. lol. I got a couple movies, too :)!

From 4-6, we had our last two hours of French. We talked for the first hour about reviewing for the Bac and she handed us clean copies of the texts we've studied recently and all that. Then we had our Goûter! I brought chocolate chip cookies and everyone loooved them :)! My teacher asked for the recipe, but I don't have it memorized, so I couldn't give it to her :/! She signed my yearbook, though, and I invited her (along with the rest of my class) to my going away party on July 7th. I made invitations for that last night since I won't be seeing these people much after school gets out. The goûter was great! I tried tons of foods and cakes, and took a million pictures (actually, majority of them were taken by other people). Then Bryan and Jeremy started arm wrestling, and Sabrina insisted that I face the winner. They kind of tied, so Bryan said he'd face me. We sat there foreeeever and then Nicolas jumped in and helped me and I won! lol! Then a million people started arm wrestling and I had to verse a million people and ahh! My arms are sooo sore! haha!

After school, I hung out with some people from my class and waited for the bus. Then I came home, at a banana and got on the computer. Very soon here, (when my host mom gets home), I'ma go recharge my cell phone! Yay!

I'll ttyl!
<3Miranda

1 comment:

  1. félicitations on such a good test score. stay strong.

    the greatest brother ever Zach

    ReplyDelete