Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Thursday, June 4, 2009

38 Days

Today was fun, and different. This morning, I didn't have history, so school didn't start until 10. That allowed me to sleep in, which was really nice. My host mom had a hair appointment, so Pierrette's son took me to school. I swear I thought I was going to be late. He was late picking me up and he was slowww on the road. I got to school at 10:03, and miraculously, the doors were still open. I pushed my way through the crowd of people and made it in JUST in time. Then I went into the courtyard and found Wendie, Joy, Alice, Alexandra and a couple other people getting ready to go to class. I cannott believe I made it on time, but I'm pretty happy that I did. You know, I have not been late even once in the morning here (except the first day, I guess, but that doesn't count). That's awesome for me. It's probably because I usually take the bus, so I kind of have to be on time. At home, I've got major motivation issues in the morning. lol.

Anyway, French was my first class. We talked about the same extract that we started talking about a week ago. Then we got our Le Parfum essays back and hah! That was embarrassing. I got 2 questions somewhat right. It's not like I had a grade, though, so there was not a whole lot written on my paper.

After French, we had math. Today, we spent the whole hour drawing a square with other squares inside it and little images inside those.. it was one of those things were you can rotate the image and it looks the same.. I dunno. Mine kind of sucked. Nobody took it too seriously, and lots of people blew it off altogether. haha. I did actually work, but I didn't finish. It really doesn't matter because it's not due for a grade.

Since Kozimor wasn't there, we did not have Anglais Complementaire today :D! Instead, Sabrina and I met Marion at the cantine and went to lunch. After eating, we went to the CDI until one o'clock rolled around. Marion had class and Sabrina & I went out into town. We went to the Furet and I bought a CD, a DVD, and a French keyboard with all the accents and everything on it. I plan on hooking that up at home, so my family can look forward to relearning the key placements ;D! I got some birthday cards and postcards at Brunet's next door. Then Sabrina went back to school and I walked to the train station to meet up with Mary and some other people. She invited me to her house today for a little birthday party. I got to the station early, and no one else was there yet. I really had to go to the bathroom, so I went inside to look for one. I ended up PAYING to use the one inside the café. That was kind of annoying, but I really had to go, so I guess it was worth it.

When I went back outside, Alexandra was there. Her and I waited, and soon Mary showed up, followed by Amélie, Joy, and Wendie a little later. I gave Mary a birthday card and an "Je suis aimée" pin (because the lady at Helzberg Diamonds sent me with over a hundred of those things!). Then we all walked together to Mary's house, which wasn't too far away. Inside, we got a little tour. Her house is really nice, and it's super old and there's a history chart of all the people that have lived in it and everything. It's really cool. We spent majority of the time in the kitchen/dining room. We took a million pictures and listened to music and Mary tried to teach me the Michael Jackson moonwalk, but I stubbed my toe really bad (and it still hurts) so I quit. lol. She blew out the candle on her cake, and we all had a piece. There was also candy and ice cream to munch on. To drink, there was ice tea and a drink kind of like Sprite called "limonade." We stayed at her house until 4:30 or so, talking and just chillin' out.

When we left, Alexandra, Mary and Amélie went one way, and I went with Joy, Wendie, and Alice to walk around town. We went to a parfumerie for a while and smelled tons of different parfums. Then we walked around for a while. We went past the city library, the museum, and then stopped at the cathedral and hung out on the steps. Just before 6, we started back to school. I found Sabrina waiting for me on a bench outside the school, and talked to her until my bus came.

Back at home, I had a snack and went up to my room to unload my bag. When I came back downstairs, my host mom surprised me with tickets to London the 29-30th of June!!! :DDD! It's just going to be her and I, since Pierre has no intrest in going. He'll be staying with Simon. Then it was time for Pierre to go to the dietician, so my host mom and him left. I used that oppertunity to get on the computer, so voilà!


à demain!
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: Un anniversaire = a birthday

2 comments:

  1. Hello Miranda, My name is Eric and i am also going to be an exchange student going to France, next year though. I just had a quick question that would be great if you could help ease my nerves a little bit...
    If you could give me a little description on ur first day or two of school, like was it awkward? could u understand anybody? did u just smile alot? just general things like that, this is one of the things im most nervous about!
    Thank you so much in advance!
    e-mail???---> eparks11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete