Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

25 Days

Today I'm feeling better. I finally got a really good night's sleep, and for the moment, my stamina is pretty much back. I've decided that I am just really behind on sleep and then I have a sinus issue, but I started taking Benadryl and that has been helping. So yeah, do not worry, I am going to be fine.

Yesterday, after I wrote on here, I went to Decathlon to look for excercise equipment with my host mom. We found a couple interesting machines, but didn't buy anything. Then we did a little grocery shopping before returning home. I sat around for a while after that, and then Pierre and I started a game of Monopoly: Nord-Pas de Calais Edition (aka- my region) :D! My host mom had a meeting, so I made the pizza she left out and we stopped our game to eat supper. For dessert, I had both coconut and pistachio ice creammmm :)! It was so yummy. If I could, I would honestly stock up on French ice cream and bring it back with me. It's soooo good! But anyways, after eating, Pierre didn't feel well. Actually, he didn't really feel too great all day, but it was worse after supper. We quit our game of Monopoly and he went to get ready for bed. My host mom came home a little later. I went up to my room and a little later, I also went to bed.

Today, I got up and felt soooo much better. I got myself ready and then worked on cleaning up my room and packing stuff up. I figure I have to take advantage of this week, because it's the only real free time I'm going to have until two days before I leave. I actually don't even have much free time left this week. I'll give you a little breakdown of my remaining time here.

This afternoon I'm going to the award ceremony for my class for winning a concours. Then this evening, I'm going with Thomas, Anne, Claire, and Simon to a cooking course! We're going to learn how to cook some real French cuisine :D! I'm really looking forward to that! :D! Tomorrow, my penpal from 9th grade might be coming to town to meet up with me, but that's not for certain. Friday, I'm going to school because my class has an hour and a half of math for the Bac, and after that, I'm going to hang out with them. Saturday is Thomas's birthday party, and then Sunday is the first day of spring, which means a nationwide music festival :)! Monday afternoon I leave for Normandy to meet up with my class, and then I stay with them until the 28th. Five o'clock on the 29th, my host mom and I are leaving for London and comong back the 30th. The 1st is a day for relaxing. Then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th of July would be the Main Square concerts. On the 4th, there is also a fesival at the Aerodrome, so that day is entirely packed. Then I get the 6th to get things ready for my going away party on the 7th. The 8th and 9th are for packing up anything I haven't managed to squeeze in my suitcases yet, and then the 10th I leave my host family. I stay in Paris through the 12th, when I leave for New York City. Since there are no planes that go from New York - Fargo the afternoon of the 12th, I have to spend the night in a hotel in NYC and then the 13th of July, I get home. That time is going to go by SO fast. Ahhhh!

à bientôt!
<3Miranda

Phrase of the Day: n'imoprte quoi = it doesn't matter/whatever


OK! I just have to edit this, because thee coolest thing just happened. Well, it doesn't sound exceptionally cool, but it made me super happy! I went to the concours award ceremony thing, and since only 4 other people from my class, plus my history teacher was there, I had to go up and accept the award with them. They gave us a big stack of nicee stuff on the Holocaust and history of that time period and stuff. We got our picture taken a million times, and then had to talk with the press. I didn't say anything, and kind of just hid myself behind Rafaël, Audry, and Fiona, but the guy saw me anyway and asked my name to put down. I wasn't going to give it since I honestly did not do anything, but my teacher and Sabrina nodded at me, so I said, with my best French accent I could get out, my last and first name. Unfortunately, he still heard the accent, and then my teacher explained that I was American and everything, and that was kind of embarrassing since I was here accepting award for a big French history project.. But anyway, we went into the yard of the Prefecture afterwards for refreshments, and took a million more pictures. Then we looked at a bunch of the prize stuff. There was a pack of 3 DVDs on Auschwitz, a book on French heroines of the time period, a kit with a bunch of scans of letters and journal like stuff from someone in a concentration camp, a book on the WW2, and then a HUGE book on French history. Since there were 5 things and 5 of us who showed up, everyone decided to each take one. I felt really guilty about taking something, because, like I said, I didn't do a thing for this. My class had been working on it since the beginning of the year, and I arrived to watch Sabrina put the final touches on it before it got sent in. Everyone insisted I take something, though. So I told them to take what they wanted and I would take whatever was left. The book I ended up with was the giant French history book! It weighs like, 10lbs, no lie, and it covers everything from prehistoric times to modern day France, complete with color pictures and everything! I could not be more excited about this! The only thing that's going to be a little tricky is getting it home. The size of this thing is going to really be inconvenient- but I will find a way! Ok, I have to get ready to go to that cooking class, but I just really had to share that with you. :D!

à demain,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment