Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Friday, June 19, 2009

23 Days

Salut, tout le monde!

Today I got up and went to schoooool :)! My class had the math portion of their Bac from 8-9:30. I went around 9 so that I could get in and go to the CDI or something for the half hour that remained, but when I got there, the doors were not open. Since school is over for the Lycéens, the doors didn't open on the hour. Bryan was hangin' out waiting for Amélie (he is going to "redoubler," so he isn't taking the Bac this year), so I hung out with him for a while and we talked. A few other kids came and we talked for a while and waited for the doors to open. 9:30 rolled around and no one came out. They held them inside until 10:00, so we got an extra half hour of waiting time in. When everyone came out, I said hello and talked with my class and they said that overall, it went pretty well. After about ten or fifteen minutes, Sabrina, Mary, and I went into town. We went to Promod, and I found a milllllion things that I wanted. hahaha. I tried a ton of stuff on, but I still am not very good about finding my size. They are marked a few different ways, and it's really confusing. I will try two things on that are marked the same size, and one will fit and the other won't. The really frustrating part is when they don't have anything one size smaller, so then I'm outa luck completely, and that ticks me off. I ended up buying only 3 tops. I was reallyyy close to buying a fourth, and then just having the straps shortened when I get home, but it was kind of expensive anyway, so I let it go. I already have two other tanktops that need to be fixed before I can wear them without showin' off my chest to the whole world. lol. Anyway, Mary left for the Mediateque so she could do some studying, and Sabrina and I went to Miss Coquine's to look for shoes. I found theee most comfortable & the cutest black flats ever for 10€! That made my day. I originally went in to get a white pair, but I couldn't help buying those, too. haha. A little after 11, Sab and I went to Le Furet and she looked for a Father's Day gift for her dad. Her mom showed up and they picked out some CDs and stuff, and then she left with her mom. Since they were going past Gambetta, they offered to drop me off. My host mom was going to meet me there around 1, so I accepted the offer. Although, when I got there, I sat down and looked at the time and realized it was only 12:20. I walked back into town and got myself a tuna sandwich and cherry coke for lunch. I sat down on the steps near the Furet, and ate. Then, when it was closer to 12:45, I started back to school. My host mom picked me up and brought me home. They hadn't eaten lunch yet, so Pierre and my host mom ate and I sat there for the conversation. Afterwards, Pierre and I started painting the ugly furnature for Thomas. Pierre got sick of that and went with my host mom to the Mairie. I just finished up, and now I'm going to go join them.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to write tomorrow, but I will try. If not, expect one more entry Sunday, and then I'll be off to meet up with my class Monday early afternoon :D!

à la prochaine!
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: Les meubles = furniture

1 comment: