Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Monday, June 15, 2009

27 Days

I'm really not in a very good mood today. I don't feel very well and I'm super tired, even though I slept like a rockk last night.

Yesterday after I left off, we went to Thomas's house. During the appatizer, Pierre-Antoine called and said they were desperate for people to be in the parade with the giant. I said I'd go, so right after the main course, my host mom took me over to the Intermarché parking lot in St. Cathrine. There were 5 of us total; Pierre-Antoine, his dad (Gille), Arlette, and another girl named Laureen. We walked, two of us pushing the giant & three of us giving candy to little kids, from 4 to 6 - up- and downhill. I got to do some giant pushing when we were going uphill, and oh boy was that ever fun. haha. At the end, everyone stopped in a field with a basketball court and had sandwiches and ice tea. Then, one-by-one, every group that was in the parade was presented. We had to wheel Albert (the giant) across the basketball court and take a picture, then bring him back up onto the grass. After that, we got to wheel him back to the starting point and load him in the trailer to bring back to Roclincourt. It was fun, but at the end, I was really tired. To add to the situation, it was a really hot and humid day yesterday, so that was really uncomfortable. For supper last night, Annick came over. She brought fries and hot dogs. That sounds great, but I've eaten so many fries in the last week that I really was not in the mood for them again. I wasn't very hungry either, so I ate a few and then a hot dog and then sat there until she left. After that, I went up to bed.

When I got up this morning, my host mom was already at work and Pierre was at his 'stage' (internship?). I laid in bed until about 11:00 listening to music. Then I got myself ready for the day and started cleaning my room. My host mom came home just before one and took me to the Aerodrome café for lunch. We met one of her friends there, and the two of them worked on planning the air event in July. I just kind of sat there and ate. lol. I didn't even follow the conversation much because I was too tired. I really was not even that hungry, but I forced myself to eat my beef & sauce and the pasta as best I could. At 2:15 or so, we came back home. I went up to my room and worked on boxing up a bunch of stuff I no longer need here. Pierre came home around 2:30 and after that, my host mom went back to work. I got tired and stopped packing boxes and instead went on the computer. Voila. That's my whole day so far. I'm planning on laying down for a little while later, because I feel like crap.

à demain.
-Miranda

Word of the Day: malade = sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment