Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

32 Days

Exactly one month from today I will no longer be with my host family. One month from Friday and I will be on the plane to New York. One month from Saturday and I will be in Fargo. Ah! It hasn't really sunk in yet how little time I have left and how quick it is going to go. I'm in this phase where nothing seems like it is going to change and my life feels as if it is going to remain like this, surrounded by these people, living in this house in this town in this country, speaking French, for a longgg time. I don't know why I can't realize the fact that everything is changing again in a month's time. Honestly, I can't even believe it is the end of the school year, and here I am in the middle of June.

Anyway, today was not a whole lot more exciting than yesterday. I am sorry, my blogs are getting really boring. Since we're on the last week of school, we don't do anything in class, so not a whole lot is worth writing about. This morning I took the bus to school because my host mom wasn't able to drive me at nine. I spent that hour in the CDI with Sabrina. Then we had math. We had an assignment to do, but since the grading period has stopped, no one was motivated at all and no one did anything. After class, I went into town with Wendie, Amélie, and Joy. We walked around and talked, and I bought a MAXIpain du chocolat! That's like, a giant petit pain! I don't even want to knowww how bad that was for me, haha. After that, we went to the movie theatre to check movie times. I was invited to a movie this afternoon, but since I have music, I had to decline the invitation. We went back to school around 11 and I met up with Sabrina and Marion, who had just finished Chinese. We went into town and I bought a CH'TI phrase book and a couple other things at the bookstore. Then we walked around some more before coming back to school. I found Camille (the one from Roclincourt, not from my class) and Oranne, and we waited for the bus together.

When I got home, I hung out with Pierre a little. When Spiderman came on, I decided to get on the computer, lol. My host mom made lunch and we ate around 1:30. Then I got back on the computer to check the chocolate chip cookie recipe. Tomorrow is my last day of French, so we are having a "Goûter" (like we did in theatre). I'm planning on bringin' some chocolate chip cookies to share for that :)! Pierre is at the Kiné right now, and my host mom has a thing and then is going to pick up some ingredients after she picks Pierre up. Hopefully I'll have enough time to make them before music tonight. I'm adding my new CD to my ipod right now, and earlier I uploaded a bunch of pictures to my album on myspace, so if you have me added on there you can check those out. I also finished up the poems from Mother's Day that Arlette asked me to type out. One of them I can't print out because I don't know who it is by, but I'll give her the other one tonight :).

I really don't have much else to say.
Have a good flight tomorrow, French travelers :D!

à demain
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: Demander = to ask

1 comment: