Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

39 Days

Well, if yesterday was a bad day, today was completely the opposite! I can't say I was the most enthusiastic when I forced myself out of bed this morning, but my day has definitely improved. I had math this morning to start out. All we did was go over the corrections of our DM. I got an 8/10 on that, by the way, thanks to Sabrina ;D! There's really not much to share about that class.

Then I had my last theatre class. Since it was the last day, we had a "Gouter" and everyone was supposed to bring treats. My host mom sent me with two bags of cookies, coconut maccaroons, some fruit cake muffin things, and I threw in a couple packages of Oreos, too. Other people brought crêpes, brownies, fruit cake, lots of different cookies, and candy. To drink, we had a choice of fruit juice, coke, or a carbonated lemonade-type drink. I tried tons of different stuff, but I really liked the crêpes and the maccaroons. The gouter lasted for the first hour of class, and the second hour was spent watching the Terminale kids rehearse their scenes that they'll be performing for the Bac. Instead of doing that (since I've seen them all a million times), I went with Wendie and Alice to the CDI and watched them run through a scene that they want to do next year.

When class was over, I went outside and waited for my bus. I found Sabrina, her sisters, Virginie, and Laureen. We talked for a while, and then they left. I didn't have to wait too much longer until my bus showed up. Today I also started getting people to sign my 'yearbook.' It's started to sink in that I'm getting near the end of my stay here, and I'm not going to some of these people ever again, and others not for a very long time. It'll be weird going back home and leaving people I've spent pretty much every day with for the last 4 and a half months. I honestly wish school wasn't so close to over, because after that, I probably won't see much of my friends from school. Everyone lives far apart, so doing things with people who don't live in your town gets kind of hard to organize. That would be one thing I really dislike here.

But anyway, after school, I came home to a package waiting for me!! It was from Rica and my mom! That really made my day. I opened the package in my room and found enough hand sanitizer to keep me going for another 6 months. lol. The really awesome part was underneath all that. Rica sent me a Sing It Loud tee-shirt from the concert, WITH autographs and my nameee on it! PLUS the CD with all the band's autographs and my name written on that, too. :D! I got some of the Sudhian issues, too, as well as a French Valentine (that's a little late :P!) and a bunch of other things. As soon as I finished unpacking everything, it was time to eat. I had to take my inhaler and ughh. I suck with medicine. I'm the kind of person that sits there forEVER with it in front of me, just staring at it, not wanting to take it but knowing I have to.
*Sorry. I had to go to music*
Anyway, I had to take the inhaler, and it took me foreverr to force myself into it. I hate medicine so much. And I have so effing much to take. I really don't think all of it is necessary. I'm going to try and just take the nasty pill and then one of the nasel sprays and if I don't feel better after that, I'll take the other stuff. I really don't feeel that bad anymore, it's just irritating to cough up flem and have slight trouble breathing and a stuffy nose. I feel like I could get over it myself, though. I don't wanna load up on meds if I don't have to.

Once I finally got done with the inhaler, I brushed my teeth and headed to the Coiffure! Yeahhh, I got my hair done today! I got my hilights redone and then trimmed and layered my hair. It was really nice to get that done. :)! That took up a good chunk of my afternoon. When I came back, I read the Sudhian issues Rica sent me, and I found a Valentine's shout out to me from Valerie! Thank you for that :D! Then I listened to my Sing It Loud CD with Pierre. After that, I got online. Then I went to music and now I'm back at home.

I'll write again tomorrow.
<3Miranda

Word of the Day: les meches = hilights

No comments:

Post a Comment