Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Saturday, April 25, 2009

78 Days

Yesterday I was planning to get on the computer after supper, but StarMania was on TV and it was supposed to be awesome, so I watched that with my family instead. It turned out to be a bunch of famous singers performing different songs and then talking about them and stuff. I dunno, I didn't recognize any of the singers but Gregoire. It was entertaining, though.

To fill you in, yesterday morning I worked on my French a little. Then after lunch, Pierre and I played in the backyard for a while , before going over to Pierre-Antoine's house. There, we helped him trim the bushes and then we just talked over a glass of Coke. His dad gave me a cool pen with the Arras symbol on it, and his mom gave me a really good smelling flower that is usually given on May 1st. I don't remember what it's called, but I think it started with an M. Anyway, after we came home, I started getting my clothes together for packing.

Today, I slept in and then packed. Our train leaves tomorrow at noon, so that's all I've been doing so far. haha. I'm going to try and take my small suitcase instead of my huge one, so I've been folding and rolling and stuffing things in every little space possible. Once we get to Perpignan (or actualy, a smaller town a little ways away), we're staying in a mobile home, so I can take everything out of my suitcase. It only has to fit in there on the way down and then again on the way back! lol!

The rest of the day will be spent packing and shopping for things we need. I'm not sure how long we will have, but I'm going with my host mom around 2:30 or so and I'm hoping to find a pair of sunglasses. I was an idiot and didn't even think to bring a pair with when I left Fargo in January. It doesn't really matter, though. If I don't find a pair today, I'll buy some when I get down there or when we go shopping in Spain. Supposedly, things are pretty cheap there because they don't have as much tax or something like that.

And if I need to state the obvious, I don't think I will have computer access, so don't expect another post until May 3rd or 4th, depending on how tired I am. Also, I'll probably have a hell of a lot written in my journal at the end of the week, so I'm not going to type it all up. I don't have that kind of time or patience. haha. I'll probably just hilight some of the main points and leave it at that.

Have a good rest of the month everyone!
I'll talk to you laterrr :)!
<3Miranda

Phrase of the Day: "Train train quotidien" = A French expression meaning the same thing day after day. I learned that one from Pierre-Antoine's dad yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. the flower i called muguet ^^
    have a nice time in the south =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that you have to fit all your purchased items from down south in your suitcase on the way back. Hopefully, you don't over pack on your way down to the south as you will never fit everything in for the trip home.

    ReplyDelete