Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Monday, April 13, 2009

90 Days.

I'm Back! ...and I have a lottt to tell you guys! I really want to get to bed early tonight, though, since I have school tomorrow and I didn't sleep a whole lot this weekend. I'll write a little about each day, but I'm not going to go into a tonn of detail.

FRIDAY : At school, I had Latin, French, and one English LV1 class. At the end of French class, we had a class photo!! That made me super happy, because they don't have yearbooks here, so that kind of makes up for it. The class photo was just with the 301L1 kids, though. It's not like in Frago where you get 500 people together for a picture. I left school at one o'clock (just after eating) to go home and pack and then left with Anne and Thomas. I sat in the way back with Romane. In the middle row sat Madame Noëlle, Lou-Marie, and Lilian. Then up front was Thomas behind the wheel and Anne riding shotgun. The trip to four hours. On the way, we watched a few DVDs including "Il Etait Une Fois" (Enchanted), "La Soldat Rose" and a little of "Le Roi Soleil" (French musicals). I really only paid attention to Enchanted. I spent a good chunk of time looking out the window at the scenery. The style of the houses is different in Normandy. I took some pictures and will try & post them later on this week. I also saw a few castles! They were much smaller than I expected a castle to be! I expected a castle to be huge and have a bunch of towers like in the movies, but the ones I saw only had one tower and a little piece of building attatched. The landscape itself was also different. It varied quite a bit, but there were a lot of hills and trees and stuff. It was interesting to look at; it wasn't just farmland. We were then first group to arrive at the "gîte" (for lack of a better term, we'll have to translate that to 'cabin'). I helped unpack everything and then Anne's cousin, Nicolas, arrived with his family. We all went on a little tour of the place. The house has 2 floors of bedrooms and bathrooms, plus the main floor. I counted 12 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms total!!! After figuring out where we were going to sleep, I helped Madame Noëlle make crêpes! I helped her with the batter, and then after making a couple, she left me to make the rest by myself! I did not do the greatest job spinning the batter in the pan, but in the end, they tasted just fine. A few other people arrived that night and after eating and a little conversation, I went up to bed.

I appologize, but I have to stop there because my host mom needs to use the computer and I am going to go to bed.
I will finish up tomorrow. :)
Goodnight!
<3miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment