Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

96 Days

This morning when I woke up, I had a terribly sore throat! I think I caught the cold my host mom and Pierre both have. I've got cough drops now, though, so it's all good. :)!

Latin was first today. Before class, I hung out with Florian, Justine, and Claire in the hall. Florian insisted I tell some American jokes, so I told the only one I could think of- "Why did the chicken cross the road?" hahaha. No one found that very funny, but I explained it's probably one of the most well known jokes in America. Lol. After that, Florian told most of the jokes. One of them was really long and it took a ton of explaining before I actually got it, but it was kind of funny. I would tell you all, but I don't remember the whole thing, so it won't really make sense :/ sorry. In class, I actually was able to comprehend what was going on a bit. I understood almost completely one of the stories my teacher told! I didn't understand any of the Latin, though. ha. They were chopping up the sentences with lines and marking little u's on top of vowels and crazy stuff like that. I dunno what any of that means. I've never done that in English Latin before. Oh well, no biggie. My teacher doesn't expect anythingg out of me, so whatevs.

I had French next. We talked about the elements of theatre literature and read a couple examples. It was not overly exciting.

After French came 2 hours of history. We continued talking about World War One and ended at the part where the Americans come in to play. Then we watched a film, talked about that a little, and class was over.

My only other class today was French from 4-5. History ended at Noon, so that gave me lots of down time. I spent the first hour on facebook in the CDI. Sabrina and Justine were both in there, too, but they were working on homework and I didn't want to distract them. haha.

At one, Sab and I met up with Marion at the cantine and had lunch. Today I had potatoes in a sauce & shredded carrots for my entrée; pasta with a white sauce containing chunks of ham and cheese sprinkled on top for my main dish; and a chocolate mousse brownie for dessert :)! We sat on the top level of the cafeteria today! I love eating up there. It looks pretty much the same as the main level, but I think it's just the fact that it's different to be upstairs. I dunno. We don't have an upstairs in our cafeteria back home, so I find it cool! Laureen and Virginie found us a little later.

An hour later, Marion, Virginie, and Laureen had class. Sabrina and I went to the CPE and FINALLY the lady was there! We asked if I could take the Bac, and she said no. Unless it was a mandetory thing, it could not be arranged. That kind of disappoints me, but I can take the Bac Blanc (practice Bac) on Thursday this week, so I can still kind of see what it's like. After that, we went back to the CPI. I had Sabrina try and teach me how to write a commentaire, but it didn't work out so well. I didn't really understand the text extract and that made coming up with a "problématique" (a question you will spend the whole essay answering) awfully difficult. Sabrina then went on the computer and I looked through a book on theatre elements (the topic of the Bac Blanc Français). Gaetane came and sat down at the table with me, and she reviewed her SVT while I went through the theatre book. Afterwards, I had her help me with the commentaire. The two of us got a lot further. We found TWO problématiques for me to chose from and I finished my whole introduction by the time our free period was over. I still don't feel exceptionally confident with writing a commentaire, but I'll just do what I can. If I don't succeed, it doesn't matter!

At 5, I was done with school. My host mom said she'd come and pick me up, so I waited for her out front. Not many other people were leaving (they either had class or were hanging out in the CDI), so I sat and listened to my iPod while I waited. Marine, Justine, and Jeremy showed up a little later and hung out with me for a bit, but then they had to catch their train, so they left. It wasn't much longer though until my host mom arrived and brought me home. I ate a nutella/peanut butter sandwich and a small piece of sugar pie for snack. Then I started watching FARGO: The Movie! :D! I'd never seen that before, and Thomas had a copy, so he let us barrow it. I didn't finish it this afternoon, though, because Pierre had something on TV he wanted to watch, so I will finish it up tomorrow afternoon.

Short day tomorrow!
:D!

bon soirée!
<3Mirandaa

2 comments:

  1. were my pokemon i gave to your host brother in the package?

    I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!
    your bestest brother Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. "barrow"
    BORROW

    Love you, ahahaa.
    :)

    ReplyDelete