Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Sunday, April 5, 2009

98 days.

This morning I slept in 'til around 9:30/10:00. That was awesome. haha. After I was ready for the day, I ate breakfast with Pierre. My host mom was out grocery shopping, and she arrived shortly after we'd finished. I helped her unload everything from the car and put it all away.

Before going to Thomas's house, Pierre and I made cakes. I made one out of the "chocolat" book Annick gave me and Pierre made one out of his own collection of recipes. My recipe was actually for double chocolate cookies, but I didn't feel like rolling out balls for the cookies, so I made it into a cake. I also added in some of the chocolate chips my mom sent me :). If she reads this, she should send me another package. ;D!

An hour later, we left for Thomas's house. Annick, Madame Noëlle (Anne's mom), and Cathrine (Anne's sister) were already there. Since it was another nice day, we all hung out in the backyard until the meal was ready. I don't remember what it was called, but we had some kind of traditional French meal where you melt the cheese in a machine thing in the middle of the table, and then you drizzle it over potatoes and meat. I tried a little red wine, too. That was strong stuff today! It kind of burned going down! hah! I only had a tiny bit of that. Next up was salad with an oil dressing. Then for dessert we had a choice of fruit salad, Annick's apple pie, or Pierre's cake. I had a little piece of both the apple pie and Pierre's cake.

After eating, we went back outside and sat around the picnic table. Anne brought out my cake and coffee. I didn't drink anything, but I tried my cookie cake, and it was delish. Everyone else liked it, too. They told me that when I go with them to Normandy next weekend, I'm supposed to bring along a dessert, haha!

We took a walk around town after everyone was finished with their coffee. The kids fed bread to some horses we came across. I think they belonged to some friends of Anne and Thomas. On the walk I also saw an old castle. There was a big brick wall around it, so I couldn't see very well, but it was cool. I wish I would have brought along my camera! Oh well, I'm sure we'll go on a walk around Mt. St. Eloi at least once more before I leave.

Once we got back from the walk, we spent the rest of the afternoon around the picnic table in the backyard. Anne brought out some more drinks (this time it was Coke, orange juice, and beer), but I wasn't really thirsty so I didn't have anything. I did eat a little more of my cake, though ;D!

We came home around 7:00 this evening. I went up to my room and worked on my practice commentaire (to prep for the Bac Blanc), but I didn't get very far since I didn't understand the text. I'm going to have Sabrina help me with it tomorrow during a break. A couple hours later, I went downstairs for dinner. I only ate a little bit tonight since I'm still full from lunch! lol!

But now I'm going to finish responding to emails and then get to bed!

à demain!
<3Miranda


P.S. Mus- I haven't replied to your facebook thing because I can't get on facebook unless I'm on the computer at school. Sorry. I will be sure and do so the next time I sign on, though.

1 comment:

  1. hey
    thats ok, but why can't you go on facebook at home??? thats good you can go at school though, in my school its no longer available, too many people would go on it and since it had not much to do with school stuff...
    the thing you ate is called raclette, its so good hmmm lol, have you tried fondue and tartiflette? its all with cheese, its from the french alps ;)
    i enjoy reading your everyday posts, its fun, it actually reminds me of the "journal" i'd try to keep during my afs year, 3years ago!
    ttyl

    ReplyDelete