Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

82 Days

First of all, yesterday I spent the entire afternoon at Orane's house. Her sister took some pictures of us in their backyard, then their mom went to print those and the rest of us started scrapbooking. Normally, I suck at that kind of thing. I have no eye for arranging colored paper and photos with stickers and stamps to create something pretty. I've only scrapbooked a couple times previously and those pages are nothing to brag about. Not going to lie, though, yesterday I did an awesome job. I'm pretty proud of what I did. I'll have to admit, I didn't come up with the idea by myself (I found an example in a book), but I reproduced it really well! I used the pictures I took in Normandy of the sailboat races and made a circular design with them.. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but if you want to see it, I can show it to you when I come home. Just ask :)!

Today, I started my book for French class. It's called, La Parfum. So far, I've got one chapter down and all that has happened is that the town and everything in it smells. Then a baby was born and his mother didn't care about him. She was just determined to find a fish or something.. she spent everyday with a knife in her hand searching for this fish. Haha. I don't know if I understood that right because it sounds really bizzare, but than again, it's one of those old books and those tend to be a little weird.. Anyway, after I got my ass outa bed around 11:00, I got ready and ate breakfast. It wasn't much later before Romane came over. Pierre and I were going to watch her this afternoon. After eating lunch, we played spies. That game lasted the entireee day. I forget how creative little kids are. We had a bad witch and a good witch who lived in different trees in the backyard. Our headquarters was located in Pierre's room. He had a bunch of spy things for us to use, so each of us had a gun, and sunglasses, and Pierre and I each had walkie talkies. Romane and I were always together, so I shared mine with her. I also had a toy camera and a little container for all the evidence and little things we found. We had a clubhouse in the back corner of the backyard, too. We went in and out of the house chasing up and killing the bad guys. The mean witch, of course, was their leader. The nice witch was on our side and she gave us potions for when we were injured and warned us of the other witch's evil plans. Haha. It was really fun, actually!! I miss being a little kid! I used to play games like that all the time! lol! I don't have as much energy for that anymore, though, and playing all afternoon (from one to six) got really tiring! lol!

We took a short break around four to have a snack. We made verrines with fruit, cool whip, nutella, chocolate chips, coconut, almond dust, etc. In mine, I started with bananas at the bottom, then added a layer of nutella. After that, I added strawberries to a couple (there weren't very many) before adding a nice big dallop of cool whip! I sprinkled on some chocolate chips and added coconut and almond dust on top of that. Daayum was thatt good! I would definitely recommend trying that sometime!

Anne came to get Romane around 6:00. After that we took Pierre to the kiné. We waited there with him until he finished. Since we've come home, nothing overly interesting has happened. Tomorrow we're going up north by the English Channel to a town called Burck. I don't know if that's how it's spelled exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's close. There is a kite festival going on right now and we're having our AFS gathering there. Our families are invited this time as well, so my host mom, Pierre, and Thomas's family will be coming with. I heard that Pierre-Antoine and Antoine are going too, but they aren't with us, so I dunno. We'll probably see them, though.

j'écrirai encore demain soir!
bisous!
-miranda

1 comment:

  1. you didnt mention the weird and silly way we call walkie talkies ^^

    ReplyDelete