Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Monday, May 18, 2009

55 Days

Today I was really tired. I didn't feel too well today, and when I got to school, Sabrina made me go to the nurse. She didn't do anything for me except tell me to see a doctor, so that wasn't much help. She wanted me to leave school, but I didn't want to, so I told her I would come back if I got worse, and I never did. :P

We were a little late for Anglais Complementaire, but who really cares? My teacher was a little crabby about it and almost made us go back to the nurse to get a pass to come into class, but Sabrina explained that we left just before the final bell rang, so we were off the hook. We didn't do shit in that class. We started out with a little quiz, in which I totally bombed since I didn't study at all & I had no idea how to translate a lot of these terms into French. Then he went over the corrections for that comic from last week, and that was it. I got a 13/20 on that, by the way. I dunno how that worked, but whatever. Sabrina was reviewing for her oral, which was later on in the day, and he got really mad. He came over and asked if she was working on her French, and she said yes. Then he took her paper and gave her a ZERO! He said that the oral is not meant to take up his class time. Then he finished going over the questions and talked about how that comic really was saying that nature no longer exists and that people are distorted and no longer see anything except through a TV screen. Now honestly, how many of you could figure all that out from that comic? (I posted it a few days before if you scroll down). And for those of you who could, would you be able to do it in a foreign language?! This guy is insane.

After Anglais Comp., I went to the CDI and worked on some things for my oral, then I surfed the Internet until theatre at noon. The theatre itself was actually being cleaned, so we weren't able to have class in there. The teacher had us all go into the Post-Bac room in the back of the CDI. We just talked. I didn't get to perform my piece at all and consequently told my teacher that I do not feel ready to perform it in front of a crowd on Wednesday. She let me off the hook without any arguement, but still wants me to go with on Wednesday from 9AM-10PM to help with the set and all that. Neither Wendie nor Alice are going to be there, so I'm hoping I don't get too bored. I don't know a whole lot of other people in my class very well.

It was finally lunch time at 1. Sabrina and I only had a half hour before Anglais LV1, so we quickly ate with Marion and Laureen. Virginie had already eaten and was taking her oral, so she wasn't with us. I still didn't feel very well, so I didn't eat my dessert! It was really good apple pie, too, but after eating my yogurt, I felt really icky and couldn't bring myself to take more than a bite of the pie.

In English, we got our DS back from last week. I got an 18.5/20 because I made a tonn of spelling errors. haha. It's kind of surprising how much I've regressed with my English. The better I get at French, the worse I get at English. We went over the corrections for that, and then started a worksheet before class finished.

It's an A week, so I had SVT next. Sabrina was taking her oral at this time, so I sat by Wendie. We just continued talking about the male reproductive system. I really don't have anything else to say about that. It was a longgg hour and a half.

Afterwards, we had another hour of Anglais, LV1. We went over some more "Dirty Words" and got a thing called "Why is a beer better than a MAN" to even out the playing field. lol. It wasn't quite as good as the other one, though. This one wasn't quite as mean and the puns weren't quite as clever. After we finished going over that, we worked on that worksheet up until the end of class.

There wasn't French at the end of the day because of the orals. All the French teachers have to assess the students, so Mme Dejagheare was busy with that. Sabrina and I went to the CDI and she helped me review for the oral. We went over most of the main texts I have and she explained them to me. My notes that I took toward the beginning are terrible, so she gave me hers and some things on the authors to help me study tonight.

After school, I came home and ate a snack. I'm planning on spending the rest of the night reviewing, because I've got a LOT to memorize!
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

bisous!
<3miranda

Word of the Day: l'infirmière = the nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment