Roclincourt / Pas-de-Calais

Saturday, May 9, 2009

64 Days

ahh j'en ai marre!
I've been working all day on my French project looking up words from each book extract that I don't know... and believe me, there are quite a few in each one. On average, I'd say there are about 10 words in each 15-20 line extract and there are 7 total, so I spent my afternoon looking up 70 words in English and again in French for an official deffinition. From 4-6, I took a break and went with my host family to a movie. It was a French film called 'Romaine Par Moins 30.' It was about a girl whose fiancé surprised her with a trip to Canada, but when she found out, she was really upset because she hates the cold. On the plane, she heard a lady talking about it crashing, so she freaked out and told her fiancé how upset she was to be going to Canada and went on about some other things, too. They split up at the airport and she was supposed to fly back home that night, but a bunch of stuff happened and she wound up getting herself married to some guy she didn't even know the name of and yeah... it got kind of wild. I understood majority of the film, but to me, the movie just stopped; it didn't really end. Or maybe it did, I just didn't get the punchline. lol. That was seriously all I did today.

Yesterday I was a little busier, though. When I was up and ready, Annick came over and we all had lunch together. Then we talked and around 3, Annick left and my host mom & I went to a flower display. The Roclincourt giant was there, along with Pierre-Antoine, Antoine, Simon, Amadine, Arlette, Gille (Pierre-Antoine's dad), and a few other people I didn't know. We didn't stay long, but I got to talk for a little bit. Afterwards, my host mom and I went into Arras to an indoor garden show. My host mom bought plant bulbs for her garden, and then we looked around some before leaving. We stopped over at Thomas's house and visited with everyone. Then we came back home and I helped my host mom start cleaning the veranda. That is going to take quite some time to finish. There are a million toys mixed together in different bins and a lot of them are dirty and/or broken, so we're going through all that stuff and reorganizing everything. Supper came around, and as we finished up eating, Simon came over to see if I wanted to go to a café with the group that night. I hadn't been to a café with them since February and my host mom was cool with it, so I said yes. Fourty-five minutes later, he, Antoine, Pierre-Antoine, and Amadine came to pick me up. We went to the same café as the first Saturday I was here. If I remember correctly, it's called the Boabob Kfé (or something like that). We hung out and talked and I had my usual coke with grenodine this time. I got home around 12:30 and everyone was already sleeping, so that is my excuse for not blogging. I got a really good-night's sleep last night, though! I slept in until almost 11 this morning!

But I should really get back to work. It's already 9:20PM and I would like to finish my French tonight. Tomorrow we're having a big BBQ with the whole family, so I won't have much time. I'll try and get on and write a blog post, but if not, I'll talk to you Monday!

au revoir!
<3miranda

French Word for the Day: ébahissement = astonishment. (That was one of the words I looked up recently. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment